A brand is a personality, an aspiration, a set of values, a promise and much more ! Each brand has a unique identity and space and a set of customers who identify with its value proposition and personality. In the dog eat dog world of FMCG Marketing, it is imperative that brands establish and sustain a long term emotional connect with their consumers, who are under constant temptations from competing brands vying for their dollars and attention !
Brand Loyalty is that elusive elixir which sustains a brand. Why do some customers stay loyal to a brand over a lifetime, whereas some customers switch their loyalties at the sight of the first price off from the competition ? It is because there is a strong emotional connect and trust that has been established over the years and it is here that social media can play a critical role.
- Give your brand a personality or voice- is your brand serious or playful, masculine or tender? Is it young and trendy or mature and logical ? The way you interact with your customers on social media will shape the personality of your brand , as perceived by your consumers
- Interact with your consumers directly- Social media gives you a chance to interact directly with your consumers, getting to know them better which can help you devise strategies for product development and future growth
- Emotional Connect- You can establish an emotional connect with your customers very easily , inviting them to form Fan Clubs, reward loyal fans, run special schemes for your fans
- Use your Fans- Use your fans to spread the brand message, ask them to share brand news, get new customers on board
- Advertising- Social Media advertising is much more focused and effective as compared to print and TV, as narrow targeting is possible with regard to demographics, interests, location etc, thus avoiding wastage.
- Promotions and Offers- Promotions and Offers, the lifeline of any sales drive, can be very effectively implemented through Social Media